OPEN STUDIO at JAVA ARTS
Enter the Studio, Enter the Frame
With Anida Yoeu Ali
ALL THIS WEEK (5/28 – 6/2/2012) – Performance artist, Anida Yoeu Ali invites the public to participate in art making during her residency at JavaArts. As part of her on-going investigation of public participation in art making and viewing, Anida has designated a space for both a personal encounter and an opportunity for the public to compose the moment with their bodies and a framed space.
Anida issues this invitation: “Enter the Studio, Enter the Frame”
1. Take a moment out of your busy day. Come talk with an artist and let’s create together.
2. Enter my studio and create a composition. Consider both body and space.
3. I will document the encounter/composition with my camera.
As a study for a larger project, Anida will later take this concept to public spaces around the city in an effort to question both the accessibility and visibility of contemporary art. Finally the work will be transferred back into the gallery space when her exhibition opens on June 27th at Java Café & Gallery. Through this open studio process, she hopes to engage with the public as an active participant instead of as a passive viewer.
About the artist:
1. Born in Battambang, raised in Chicago (USA), returned to Cambodia in 2011 to “research”
2. Considers herself a writer, performer and global agitator.
3. Her “research” is still ongoing…
For more info visit: http://studio-revolt.com/?p=832